Queensland Mental Health Week is in full swing at Beaudesert, with activities encouraging mental wellness across town.
Queensland Mental Health week will run from October 9 until 17.
The theme for this year's mental health week is Take Time - for mental health, encouraging people to focus on things and activities which sustain and maintain their wellbeing.
Chair of the Greater Beaudesert Region Mental Health Network, Challee O'Rilley said the week was a chance for the community to come together and learn about mental health.
"I think this week is an opportunity for people to experience the positive side of mental health," she said.
"It's not just being unwell, there are preventative, positive steps people can take to maintain their wellbeing."
She said the Beaudesert region had a range of mental health services available, and the week would highlight them to the community.
"The Beaudesert library and Beaucare are both great sources to drop in and find out more about caring for your mental health," Ms O'Reilly said.
Beaudesert community groups, agencies and mental health services will run a range of activities throughout the week to raise awareness and generate conversations.
All events are free throughout the week.
- October 9-17: Community Chain Project: at various locations, create links of paper chain with words of hope, messages or drawings relating to mental health support and wellbeing. Either add to the chains or drop off your links to Beaucare who are collating the chains, to be displayed at Beaudesert Library and other community spaces.
- October 11-15: Mindfulness Meditation Sessions in the backyard at Lavender House, 37 William St Beaudesert, from 12.15pm to 12.45pm
- Tuesday October 12: Leave your worries behind at Beaudesert Library's wall of wellbeing, all day.
- Wednesday October 13: Beaucare will host Time for Fun, with adult activities to take time for mental health, from 9.30 to 11.30am at Beaucare, 44 Tina Street Beaudesert
- Friday October 15: Family Fun Time with yoga, mindfulness and activities for everyone at Beaudesert Early Years Centre from 2.30pm to 4pm.
- Friday October 15: Found Poetry Mindfulness - make poetry out of old book pages at Beaudesert Library, all day.
- Sunday October 17: Free court, racket and ball hire at Beaudesert Tennis Club from 9am to 11am