SCENIC Rim state MP Jon Krause has reached out to the community encouraging residents to stay safe and maintain social distancing protocols over the Easter break.
"There has been terrific work by the entire Queensland community in slowing the spread of COVID-19, he said.
"The situation is still changing though - even though the number of new cases reported daily has shown some decline, we still need to remain vigilant and follow the regulations and health advice of the Australian and Queensland governments to help limit the spread of COVID-19 in Australia.
"Please help by following the advice of our health experts to stop the spread."
Mr Krause advised that from Friday several Scenic Rim national parks were closed, including:
- Main Range National Park - The Crest day-use area and Queen Mary Falls day-use area and walking tracks
- Mount Barney National Park - Full closure
- Moogerah Peaks National Park - Full closure
- Springbrook National Park - Gwongorella picnic area, carpark and toilets, Purling Brook Falls circuit, Warringa Pool walking track, Springbrook Information Centre, boardwalk and toilets, Natural Bridge circuit, cave and toilets, Gold Coast Hinterland Great Walk from Apple Tree Park to The Settlement, and Tallanbana trailhead and Twin Falls and Warrie circuits
- Tamborine National Park - Cedar Creek day-use area and carpark, Cedar Creek Falls lookout and walking tracks, Cedar Creek rock pools and Witches Falls section
"As your local MP both myself and electorate office staff are available to assist you. Our phone line 1800 813 960 and email firstname.lastname@example.org are the best way to contact us," Mr Krause said.
"I am still "fighting for our fair share" - better roads, more police and increased hospital services.
"If you would like a 'face-to-face' appointment, that can be arranged too (best to line up a time in advance) using the platforms below:
- Facetime (email@example.com)
- WhatsApp 0401 63 44 88
- Facebook Messenger (Jon Krause - jonkrausemp.3)
- ...or of course just give me a call 0401 63 44 88
"From my family to yours, I hope you enjoy the Easter period at home."