BEAUDESERT U3A has hit the ground running, after a successful open day last week.
Members of many of its 25 activities had set up interactive displays around the function room at the Beaudesert RSL Services Club rooms.
This came after U3A finished 2019 on a high, with more than 300 members registered for various classes.
Beaudesert U3A president Andy Fechner said it was gratifying to have 150 attending on the day, with 42 newcomers either joining up on the spot, or expressing interest for a follow-up.
Focal point in the centre of the room was the aqua-aerobics display- a child's paddling pool complete with water toys and a shop mannequin dressed for the popular U3A activity.
Keen card group and mahjong members played display games with fierce concentration, unaware of the noise around them, and a number of visitors joined in at the table tennis for a series of hit-and-giggle matches.
Mr Fechner said the new term had started for most U3A activities this week.
"We work on a system of school terms in general," he said.
"Many of our members are on child-minding commitments during the holidays so that suits very well."
Beaudesert U3A said there are still openings for people interested in joining the wide variety of classes and activities around the Scenic Rim.
- Computer/other technologies
- Nordic walking/walking
- Acoustic guitar
- TaG (Travel and Adventure)
- Aqua aerobics, Beaudesert pool
- Croquet, Everdell Park Gleneagle
- Discussion group Ken Moran Centre - 64 Tina St Beaudesert
- Mah Jong
- Meandering through history
- Table tennis
- Gardeners (BUGs)
- Indoor bowls
- Card playing - bolivia/500
- French - two courses in one
- Line dancing/dancing The Centre, Brisbane
- Trivia puzzling Beaudesert library
- Jigsaw, library 241 Brisbane Street
- Book club 151 Cedar Grove Road
- Social lunch/outings club (guests welcome)