THE Beaudesert and District Tennis Association celebrated its rich history in the town with players turning up to make sure their family names remained on the leader board.
The club held its annual 2019 graded tournament over 3 nights and 2 days from November 8 to 10.
Club spokeswoman Myleigh Taylor said the event attracted a great number of entries and even with the hot weather and smoky conditions the players gave it everything.
"The competition to have your name etched on the winners boards in clubhouse is an extremely strong one and also emotional," she said.
"With such a rich history at the club a lot of members have generations of family members on the boards and have been playing to get theirs on the board since they were young.
"It is a very big honour in the clubs tennis community."
Ms Taylor said this year the club introduced reserve grade champion boards to help increase the entries for the reserve grade competition and it worked.
The reserve grade comp was a fierce competition this year.
The winners of the weekend were:
- Red Ball - Singles: WINNER: Hector HorneRUNNER-UP: Ava GriffinFinal Score: 20-19
- Red Ball - Doubles: WINNERS: Ava Griffin and Katie LowerRUNNERS-UP: Ruby Young and Hector HorneFinal Score: 25-23
- Orange Ball Singles:WINNER: Zara Wyatt (Round Robin Points - 28)RUNNER-UP: John Kennedy (Round Robin Points - 24)
- Orange Ball Doubles:WINNERS: John Kennedy and Cooper Gee (Round Robin Points - 8)RUNNERS-UP: Daniel Eastick and Claudia Wyatt (Round Robin Points - 5)
- Green Ball - Singles:WINNER: Hayden GriffinRUNNER-UP: Stella AhrensFinal Score: 6-2
- Green Ball - Doubles:WINNERS: Hayden Griffin and Isaac Ralston (Round Robin Points - 12)RUNNERS-UP: Stella Ahrens and Mia Taylor (Round Robin Points - 9)
- Under 18's - Boys Singles:WINNER: Logan TaylorRUNNER-UP: Hayden GriffinFinal Score: 6-0, 6-3
- Reserve Grade - Men's Singles:WINNER: Logan TaylorRUNNER-UP: Jim DehaanFinal Score: 6-0, 6-0
- Reserve Grade - Women's Singles:WINNER: Amanda YoungRUNNER-UP: Peta CashFinal Score: 6-1, 6-2
- Reserve Grade - Men's Doubles:WINNERS: Logan Taylor and Kyle RalstonRUNNERS-UP: Darren Thorpe and Gavin GotkeFinal Score: 6-0, 6-3
- Reserve Grade - Mixed Doubles:WINNERS: Darren Thorpe and Rhonda ThorpeRUNNERS-UP: Logan Taylor and Stella AhrensFinal Score: 7-6, 4-6, 12-10
- Pennant Grade - Men's Singles:WINNER: Nick ThorpeRUNNER-UP: Jason TaylorFinal Score: 6-0, 6-2
- Pennant Grade - Women's Singles:WINNER: Allie BernsRUNNER-UP: Lauren GriffinFinal Score: 3-6, 6-4, 10-6
- Pennant Grade - Men's Doubles:WINNERS: Nick Thorpe and Ben O'NeillRUNNERS-UP: Jason Taylor and Darren ThorpeFinal Score: 6-2, 6-0
- Pennant Grade - Women's Doubles:WINNERS: Amanda Young and Peta CashRUNNERS-UP: Allie Berns and Lauren GriffinFinal Score: 7-5, 6-2
- Pennant Grade - Mixed Doubles:WINNERS: Nick Thorpe and Lauren GriffinRUNNERS-UP: Ben O'Neill and Allie BernsFinal Score: 6-2, 6-3
Ms Taylor said these players would receive their awards, including the Frierberg Junior Sportsmanship Award and Scenic Rim Discount Drug Store Most Improved Junior award at the upcoming 2019 club members presentation and break up event.
"All the junior members receive participation awards, a free snow cone and sausage sizzle," she said.
"There is jumping castle, hit the target and an EPIC raffle full of amazing prizes donated by local businesses."