QUEENSLAND Fire and Emergency Services advises that there is a bushfire in Silverdale.
QFES urged people to keep up to date and decide what actions they would take if the situation changed.
Currently as at 2pm, a bushfire is burning near the Cunningham Highway, in an easterly direction towards Kelly Road and Kents Lagoon Road.
People in the area will be affected by smoke, which will reduce visibility and air quality. Crews are currently conducting structural protection and working to contain this fire.
Residents should call Triple Zero immediately if they believe their property is under threat.
- Listen to your local radio station or visit the Rural Fire Service (RFS) website for regular updates.
- If you have a bushfire survival plan, refer to it now and be ready to follow it.
- If you do not have a bushfire survival plan, or if your plan is to leave, identify where you will go if the situation changes.
- Close windows and doors to minimise smoke exposure.
- If you suffer from a respiratory condition, keep your medication close by.
- Drive with caution in low visibility conditions.
- Contact your neighbours to see if they need help preparing for the bushfire.
- Consider finding your essential items (e.g., identification documents, prescription medication, food and water, and protective clothing such as a long-sleeved cotton shirt and trousers, and boots) in case you need to leave.
- Consider what you will do to protect your pets and livestock.
- Drink plenty of water to stay hydrated.
- Advise family and friends of your intended actions if the situation changes.