A touring circus will be allowed to stage its remaining performances in Adelaide after dealing with a number of safety issues and injuries to two performers.
On Tuesday, SafeWork SA issued Circus Rio with nine prohibition notices for problems with rigging, winches, electrical equipment and the licensing of high-risk work.
Its action followed two separate accidents that injured performers at the circus last week.
A motorcyclist broke his back in several places and injured his face after falling while performing a jump, days after an aerialist broke her wrist and dislocated both elbows in a fall.
The notices would have blocked the scheduled show on Wednesday but SafeWork SA said four of the nine notices had been lifted and the remaining orders would not prevent the show from going ahead.
However, a ban on aerial performances - including the motorcycle act - would remain.
In a statement on Tuesday, Circus Rio said there had been regular meetings with safety officials over the past week to ensure it complied with all safety regulations.
It opened in Adelaide on July 4 and was due to continue until July 27.
It was then scheduled to open in Bathurst, NSW on August 2.
Australian Associated Press