Results are rolling in with Scott Buchholz currently in the lead.
Kentville, LNP takes 57 of 166 votes
Blenheim votes LNP
Springbrook votes Labor
Forest Hill, LNP
Gatton State School, LNP
Mount Alford, LNP
Peak Crossing, LNP
Gatton HIgh School, LNP
Beaudesert St Thomas Anglican, LNP
Pacific Pines, Jubilee, LNP
Pacific Pines High School, LNP
Jimboomba State School, LNP
Saint Mary's Beaudesert, LNP
Jimboomba State School, LNP
Murphy's Creek, LNP
Lake Clarendon, LNP
Ma Ma Creek, LNP
Greenbank Community Centre, LNP
Greenbank State School, LNP
Jimboomba Emmaus College, LNP
Mudgereeba St Benedicts, LNP
Tamborine Mountain State High School, LNP
Tamborine Mountain, St Bernards, LNP
Flagstone Community College, LNP
Polling booths in Beaudesert are still a hive of activity, especially at St Thomas Anglican Church where there is an air of camaraderie among campaigners who are handing out how-to-vote leaflets for their various political parties.
The sausage sizzle is very much still on at St Thomas, with the barbecue fired up and Father Tony in charge of cooking. Unlike other polling places today, this sausage sizzle offers the choice of several types of bread, including a gluten free option.
Fraser Anning's Conservative Party candidate Rod Smith is currently at the St Thomas polling booth.
POLLING booths across the region are busy as residents turn up to have their say in the federal election, despite the record number of early votes cast since May 6.
Democracy sausages were flying out the door this morning at Canungra, where volunteers from Beaudesert Gymnastics Club were on hand to serve hungry voters.
Incumbent LNP member Scott Buchholz cast his vote at St Mary's Beaudesert just after midday.
ELECTION day has arrived and eligible Scenic Rim residents not among the more than 4200 people who have already voted must attend a polling place to cast their ballot between 8am and 6pm sharp today.
Electoral commissioner Tom Rogers, said the AEC had made every effort to reduce waiting times at polling places.
"We'll have over 7,000 venues open - which is more than ever before and with more staff than ever before - but it has always been the case that there will be some queues," Mr Rogers said.
"Voters have options on which polling place they attend, and when they attend, with around 10 million Australians expected to come through our doors during the day.
"Last election around 75 per cent of voters were able to get in, vote and be out the door within fifteen minutes, and that's pretty good."
Where to vote
The AEC said if voters were unable to vote at their local polling place tomorrow but would still be in their home state or territory, they could go to any polling place but if voters were in another state or territory on election day, they must go to an interstate voting centre.
Scenic Rim polling booths will be at:
- ARATULA, Aratula State School , 41 Elizabeth Street
- BEAUDESERT, Anglican Church, 7 Albert Street
- BEAUDESERT, St Mary's Catholic Primary School, 1 Bromelton Street
- BEECHMONT, Beechmont State School, 1922 Beechmont Road
- BOONAH, Boonah State High School, 32 Macquarie Street
- CANUNGRA, Canungra State School, 5-9 Christie Street
- HARRISVILLE, Harrisville State School, 17 Hall Street
- HILLVIEW, Hillview Memorial Hall, 20 Widgee Creek Rd
- KALBAR, Kalbar State School, 48 George Street
- KERRY, Kerry Memorial Hall, 1488 Kerry Road
- KOORALBYN, Kooralbyn Community Centre, 79 Ogilvie Place
- MOUNT ALFORD, Mount Alford State School, 942 Reckumpilla Street
- MUTDAPILLY, Mutdapilly State School, 4 Mutdapilly-Churchbank Weir Road
- PEAK CROSSING, Peak Crossing State School, 1323 Ipswich-Boonah Road
- RATHDOWNEY, Rathdowney State School, 141-155 Mount Lindesay Highway
- ROADVALE, Roadvale State School, 111 Roadvale Road
- TAMBORINE MOUNTAIN, St Bernard's State School, 1-19 School Road
- TAMBORINE MOUNTAIN, Tamborine Mountain State High School, 67-87 Holt Road
- TAMROOKUM, Tamrookum State School, 9019 Mount Lindesay Highway