POLLING booths across the Scenic Rim will be open from 8am until 6pm sharp Saturday.
The early voting centre at Beaudesert opened on May 6 and as of Thursday 4218 voters had cast their ballot there.
Electoral Commissioner Tom Rogers said it was important for everyone to plan where and when to vote.
"We'll have over 7000 venues open - which is more than ever before and with more staff than ever before - but it has always been the case that there will be some queues," Mr Rogers said.
"We've worked incredibly hard on minimising wait times by increasing the number of premises and staff, improving venue setup and tweaking queuing arrangements. But whenever you have a randomised system to this scale you are going to have some queues.
"Voters have options on which polling place they attend, and when they attend, with around 10 million Australians expected to come through our doors during the day.
"Last election around 75 per cent of voters were able to get in, vote and be out the door within fifteen minutes, and that's pretty good."
Where to vote
The AEC said if voters were unable to vote at their local polling place tomorrow but would still be in their home state or territory, they could go to any polling place but if voters were in another state or territory on election day, they must go to an interstate voting centre.
Scenic Rim polling booths will be at:
- ARATULA, Aratula State School , 41 Elizabeth Street
- BEAUDESERT, Anglican Church, 7 Albert Street
- BEAUDESERT, St Mary's Catholic Primary School, 1 Bromelton Street
- BEECHMONT, Beechmont State School, 1922 Beechmont Road
- BOONAH, Boonah State High School, 32 Macquarie Street
- CANUNGRA, Canungra State School, 5-9 Christie Street
- HARRISVILLE, Harrisville State School, 17 Hall Street
- HILLVIEW, Hillview Memorial Hall, 20 Widgee Creek Rd
- KALBAR, Kalbar State School, 48 George Street
- KERRY, Kerry Memorial Hall, 1488 Kerry Road
- KOORALBYN, Kooralbyn Community Centre, 79 Ogilvie Place
- MOUNT ALFORD, Mount Alford State School, 942 Reckumpilla Street
- MUTDAPILLY, Mutdapilly State School, 4 Mutdapilly-Churchbank Weir Road
- PEAK CROSSING, Peak Crossing State School, 1323 Ipswich-Boonah Road
- RATHDOWNEY, Rathdowney State School, 141-155 Mount Lindesay Highway
- ROADVALE, Roadvale State School, 111 Roadvale Road
- TAMBORINE MOUNTAIN, St Bernard's State School, 1-19 School Road
- TAMBORINE MOUNTAIN, Tamborine Mountain State High School, 67-87 Holt Road
- TAMROOKUM, Tamrookum State School, 9019 Mount Lindesay Highway