BEAUDESERT Tennis Club held its inaugural pink corporate Charity Shield on Saturday, raising more than $2000 for research into women's cancers.
Club publicity officer Myleigh Taylor said the event was a big success despite a cold snap on Saturday night.
"We had fantastic teams, who all enthusiastically dressed up and donned pink, as well as tonnes of spectators and cheer squads who braved the chilly air and enjoyed watching the fun," she said.
"Andrew Kennedy did a great job on the barbecue and Julie Ferguson from Beaudesert Cancer Council helped out in the kitchen.
"The Pavlova was a definite hit and the raffle sold out because who wouldn't want to win one of the amazing packs?"
Beaudesert Tennis Club president Darren Thorpe said it was great to see all four courts in use and spectators turning up to cheer on all eight teams.
"With raffle tickets, registration fees and donations we will have raised more than $2000 on the night and we will keep the link open for anyone who wants to donate online for the next week or so," he said.
"From our point of view the event was a success in getting people together for a good cause.
"Everybody had a great time and they asked when they can sign up for next year."
The Beaudesert Tennis Club thanked supporters including the teams:
- One Hit Wonders - Scenic Rim Discount Drug Store
- Krause Krusaders - Scenic Rim state MP Jon Krause
- Miraculous McAuley- McAuley College
- Drop Shots - St Mary's School
- Chips and Chargers - Corcoran Contracting
- Superstars - Hillview State School
- High Fivers - Franklin Constructions
- Superfunsters - Hillview State School
They also acknowledged locals who supported the event including:
- Beaudesert Cancer Council - especially Julie Ferguson for her raffle donations and her hard work in the kitchen on the evening
- Heits Butcher for donating meat
- The Clean Living Clinic for donating prizes for winning team
- All the community who came down to enjoy the night
- Our juniors who attended as ball kids
- Committee members Darren Thorpe, Lisa Quast, Katie Kennedy, Andrew Kennedy, Lauren Griffin and Myleigh Taylor.
The donation link is still open at doitforcancer.com.au/fundraisers/BeaudesertTennis/Pink-Team-Corporate-Tennis-Tournament-Fundraiser---Beaudesert-Tennis-Club