Scenic Rim Regional Council is hosting an event called Go Behind the Scenes at The Centre Beaudesert to help artists gain a new perspective on the development, staging or marketing of an art exhibition or gallery.
A council spokeswoman said the Behind the Scenes Arts Mentorship Program was a year-long professional development opportunity for local artists, writers and creatives to work with council's curator in exhibition development, design, presentation and marketing.
She said the program would offer hands-on experience in a range of exhibitions at The Centre Beaudesert in preparation for developing and presenting the Artists in Studios exhibition which opens in September 2019.
Key features would cover how to:
• Identify an exhibition theme or brief to develop an exhibition plan
• Plan timelines and budget for exhibitions
• Select and contact artists for an exhibition and the processes for developing agreements
• Market the exhibition and develop promotional timelines
• Present and install the exhibition including WHS aspects
• Organise and host the opening event
• Identify artists and organise school holiday workshops and public programs, and
• Evaluate the exhibition and develop post-exhibition feedback.
Council said the program would help artists gain an understanding and skills in exhibition development and presentation practices to build teams capable of hosting and planning exhibitions in community-run galleries and exhibition spaces.
"The program isopen to all Scenic Rim artists, writers, emerging curators and anyone with a keen interest in art exhibitions," the spokesperson said.
"Mentorship sessions will be held monthly from 10am to 1pm at The Centre Beaudesert."
The first mentorship session was held on Monday.
Register your interest in this program and apply by emailing your name, address, phone and brief details about yourself to email@example.com
Applications Close:March 18.