There was plenty of skill on show at the Beaudesert and District Tennis Association graded tournament played from November 9 to 11.
Players aged from seven right up to seniors contested the three-day competition held at the Bromelton Street courts.
Secretary Myleigh Taylor said it was a fantastic event with beautiful weather, a great turnout and brilliant tennis played.
Taylor said the junior grades were hotly contested, with the youngsters displaying commendable sportsmanship as they battled it out in front of their families and friends. She said the reserve and pennant competitions, played in the cooler hours of the afternoon, also drew an appreciative crowd
“The bleachers were full of families, friends and fellow tennis members cheering on the players. It was a wonderful competition,” Taylor said.
Ten-year-old Logan Taylor deserves a special mention after he teamed up with Harry Tommerup and joined the Reserve Men’s Doubles Competition.
“Although they didn’t have a win, they thoroughly enjoyed the day and made the seniors work,” Taylor said.
Other standout performers included Nick Thorpe and Pauline Daxhelet, who each claimed the trifecta, with victory in the pennant singles, doubles and mixed doubles. Daxhelet is visiting from Belgium on a Rotary exchange. She recently joined the club and is thriving. While, Thorpe has been a member for 12 years. He is also the club’s coach and holds an Aus ranking of 558.
Age Champions were:
- Red ball (five-eight years) – Charlotte Connell (eight-years-old)
- Orange ball (eight-10 years) – Joe Sidey
- Green (9-12 years) – Hayden Griffin (8)
- 18 years and under – Logan Taylor
- Reserve Grade Men’s singles – Joshua Bridge
- Reserve Grade Men’s Doubles – Gary Ahern and Ron Lehmann
- Pennant Grade Men’s Singles – Nicholas Thorpe
- Pennant Grade Men’s Doubles – Nicholas Thorpe and Benjamin O’Neill
- Pennant Grade Ladies Singles – Pauline Daxhelet
- Pennant Grade Ladies Doubles – Pauline Daxhelet and Lauren Griffin
- Pennant Grade Mixed Doubles – Nicholas Thorpe and Pauline Daxhelet