COUNTRY to Coast Lawyers in William Street are hosting a free event to mark Law Week.
Principal Solicitor Carolyn Buchan said the aim was to improve understanding of and access to the justice system in the Scenic Rim.
“We will have information about access to community legal centres in south-east Queensland, Legal Aid and the Queensland Law Society referral program,” she said.
“We will also be providing general information about what services are available.”
Ms Buchan said there would be posters and booklets about legal advice options in the region as well as contact information for the Law Society and their referral services.
Ms Buchan’s partner, award-winning lawyer Terry Stedman will also be in attendance to answer questions about setting up a community law centre in Beaudesert.
“The event starts at 9am this Friday with morning tea at the RSL Club in William Street followed by a tour of the Beaudesert Courthouse,” she said.
Ms Buchan said she would expect the public to ask questions including:
- How can I get information about legal services available?
- Can a Community Legal Centre help me with my problem?
- Where are the Community Legal Centres in South- East Queensland and how can I access them?
- What does Legal Aid do and can i get help from them?
- What are other options for obtaining Legal Advice?