Nine Scenic Rim organisations will share in $17,000 worth of grants to help local communities get into the spirit of 2018 Commonwealth Games.
Corporate and Community Services committee chair Cr Virginia West said council's Game On Community Grants program aimed to support those community groups organising events and activities to coincide with the Games.
"We recognise that supporting community organisations through financial assistance is essential in helping develop and deliver projects and activities across the Scenic Rim to help celebrate this landmark event in 2018," she said.
Cr West said community-based activities would support the wider program of events planned as part of council's cultural program and the Queen's Baton Relay, which will pass through the region on 1 April 2018.
"There are many exciting and innovative projects planned for the region in the lead up to the Games and Council will be working with all participating groups to enhance the connectedness of the Scenic Rim," she said.
Game On recipients include:
- Kalbar and District Agricultural, Pastoral, Sport and Recreation Association for Kalbar Community Games.
- Fassifern Historical Society - Templin Museum for a historic sporting display.
- Boonah District Cultural Foundation for a Game On Concert.
- Boonah Organisation for a Sustainable Shire: Theming for Shared Fires Project event.
- Beaucare: For pop-up playgroups with mini games across the region.
- Tamborine Mountain Chamber Commerce and Industry:Support for Queen's Baton Relay in Scenic Rim.
- Beaudesert and District Chamber of Commerce for light show and business support for Shared Fires Project.
- Boonah District Chamber Commerce:Marketing for the Shared Fires Project.
- Kooralbyn Valley Community Development Association to provide a walking track from playground with rest area and relay on opening day.