Goodstart is Australia’s largest early learning provider. As a not–for–profit social enterprise, we exist purely to improve the lives of Australia’s children and their families. Our people are our foundation, together we are working to ensure children have the learning, development and wellbeing outcomes they need for school and life.
Job description: Role: Senior Educator
Centre: Goodstart Early Learning, 40 Eaglesfield Street, Beaudesert
Employment Type: Full Time Permanent Position / Onsite Parking Available
Are you a Senior Educator who is passionate about helping children to have the best possible start in life? Do you want to work for an organisation that offers genuine career opportunities to help you succeed?
Goodstart Beaudesert-Eaglesfield Street is a lovely centre where we actively embrace the relaxed and slower placed lifestyle of the rural community in which we are situated. We have very large outdoor facilities which reflects our local environment and have a team of dedicated, passionate and qualified educators, all working together as a team to achieve the best outcomes for the children, their families and the local community.
At Goodstart, we’re all about laying the foundation for better lives through amazing early learning experiences, and we know that we can’t do that without great people!
From our centre directors to centre teams, we work together to make a real difference for children in those crucial early years.
Safety, health and wellbeing are more than just words to us, they are a personal commitment and a promise we make to our children, our families and each other every day.
We’re Goodstart – a not-for-profit with a vision for Australia’s children to have the best possible start in life.
We are currently searching for Senior Educators in either full time, part time or casual positions and we are negotiable with the hours that you work and promote work life balance.
As a Senior Educator at Goodstart Beaudesert- Eaglesfield Street, your responsibilities include leading and mentoring your room team to develop and deliver high quality and inclusive play based educational programs aligning with the Early Years Learning Framework and National Quality Standards. Working alongside our friendly and supportive Centre Leadership Team you observe, review and continuously improve the educational programs on offer to children ensuring the best outcomes.
You’ll help achieve this by
* Actively contributing to the education program in the room and the centre team
* Engaging and supervising the children at all times
* Maintaining a safe environment for children, families and team members
* Building and maintaining strong, positive relationships with children and families
* Complying with National Quality Standards and Goodstart policies and procedures
* Supporting a culture of reflective practice and ongoing continuous improvement
Why choose Goodstart?
There are so many reasons to join the Goodstart family. Let’s start with the benefits!
* Better pay - you’ll get at least 3% above the award rate, increasing to 5% by 2024 – negotiable hourly rate
* Travel allowance considered for people who live outside the local area
* Paid professional development - we offer a range of opportunities to grow your skills and your career
* Wellbeing focus - you’ll get two extra days off per year. And our dedicated wellbeing program will ensure you get the support you need, when you need it most
* Additional leave - you’ll have the option to purchase extra leave for even greater work life balance
* 4 weeks paid parental leave – increasing to 6 weeks from December 2023
* Retail and childcare discounts - you’ll save money on insurance, travel and technology, and get 50% discount off your childcare gap fees
You’ll also love:
* Centre support - dedicated support and guidance on a range of topics, such as safety, teaching and inclusion, delivered face to face or virtually by our centre support team
* Security and stability - with over 670 centres across Australia, you’ll have the support of a large network and the stability of a respected organisation
If you have previous experience as a Senior Educator or can demonstrate strong leadership skills and you have a willingness to learn and provide quality learning experience coupled with a Diploma in Early Childhood Education or ACECQA approved equivalent, then we want to meet you!
How to apply
Click ‘Apply Now’ and submit your application. We review applications as they are submitted. We encourage you to submit your application as soon as possible for your best chance to progress to the next stage of the process.
Supporting our people andprotecting our children
We are an equal opportunity employer that is proud of our inclusive and diverse work environment. We support and encourage individual growth and strong teams that are made up of many different cultures and backgrounds.
We are deeply committed to Reconciliation and creating an environment where Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander People feel connected and a strong sense of belonging. By weaving Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander perspectives through all that we do, we aim to build knowledge and a deeper understanding of our First Nations People and culture for all in our team.
To apply: https://goodstart-early-learning.contactrh.com/jobs/12217/40053453